Sunday, November 9, 2008

Updates for History of Oakdale Township references

I have now included the references from the History of Oakdale Township in the biographies of Samuel Henry Kemps, Clara Amanda McClurken Kemps, Andrew Todd McClurken and William Henry Kemps. In adding the Civil War information for Andrew, I attempted to verify the data from other sources. I was able to verify that Andrew was in the Civil War but in a different Company and Regiment. The Illinois Civil War database provided additional personal information about Andrew and caused me to realize that I had an incorrect birth year (that had come from different sources). This caused me to go back and fix four related biographies. You do the best you can with the sources that you have but expect to find some conflicts.

No comments: