Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sharing with other researchers

When I submitted the Sarah Rodman Hood McClurken story to the Genealogy Trails website, the webmaster advised me of a related entry for this individual. This provided me with new ancestor information for Sarah. I sent an email of thanks to the author and also pointed out a small error. The author expressed her thanks and sent me some additional information and requested my help in error checking. This provided me with new facts related to the marriages of four of Sarah's daughters. I found a couple of minor errors in the others persons data, however, I was also able to provide her with data the she was missing. This simple act of sharing rewarded both of us. I have updated five of my "biographies" and the ancesor tree diagram to reflect the new information. Now I need to send a note of thanks to another individual whose data was helpful to me.

No comments: